I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hey Cupcake



I won this cupcake image from Shelly's Images in her "Celebrate my Birthday" celebration this week. She has sooo many cute images... It was really hard to choose just one. This image comes in a set with the cupcake, the cherry, and a candle. Once I got it, I knew I had make something with it right away! I did some cardmaking at a friend's house, yesterday, and decided to use this image to create a card for Shelly's Design Team call. The whole time I am working on it, I kept saying to my friend, "I am really liking how this is turning out." LOL I do that when I really like how a card is coming along... Not sure why I do it...I just do. Anyway, I tried something new, too, in creating this card and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I tried a couple of new things...

1) To see if I could do an easel card while incorporating a sketch. I used the basic sketch for this week, at Fresh Brewed Designs.

2) I've been wanting to try the ribbon folding technique, so I thought this was the perfect time to try it out. I am love love loving this technique! I love how it looks and the extra touch it gave to my card. Although, I admit it's not perfect by any means, but I feel like its not bad for my first attempt. (Don't look too hard or you'll see all my mistakes LOL!)

Now, that I am done babbling about the new things I tried, lets move on to the nitty gritty card details.

The card base was done with some textured pink cardstock from my stash. I have had this stuff for well over a year... It came in a paper pad that I bought when I first started cardmaking again, and I never realized that the textured can sometimes be a real pain in the neck for many projects. It doesn't always work well with punches and things, since it leaves that white edge sometimes... So I shoved all this to the side and really never used it. I've found that is is perfect for card bases, though.

The gingham background paper is from a new paper pad I bought at Hobby Lobby. I love gingham for some reason. The plaid background paper is from my stash. I just bought these flowers today at Michael's and They are awesome! I love them! I used one on this card, and then felt like it needed more leaves for extra color, so I punched some green flowers with the Stampin Up 5 flower punch, then cut some of the petals off to make leaves, and added them under the flower. The final touch to the flower was to add crystal stickles for sparkle and bling.

I colored the cupcake with my Promarkers and punched it out with a scalloped circle punch by EK success, then attached it to the pink cardstock and then hand cut around it, to add make a scalloped mat. The image is raised from the card with foam mounting tape. (I love that stuff, too!)Then I added more crystal stickles to the cupcake, for more sparkle and bling.

The zig zag strip on the bottom base of the card was punched using one of the new border punches by Stampin Up. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up set, Teeny Tiny Wishes--Stamped on white and then punched with the SU small oval punch. Then matted in pink cardstock punched with the scalloped oval punch. The sentiment is raised with Foam mounting tape to give the card more dimension/3D effect and to allow the card to stand up in easel form. I finished off the card by attaching two small pink bows with pearl centers.

All this pink reminds me of a strawberry ice cream sundae! My favorite! Yummy!

Now that I am done babbling about how I created this card, I am entering it into the following challenges:

Something Digital at Stamp Something
Challenge #25 Recipe at Totally Papercrafts
Let's See Those Border Punches at Frosted Designs
Challenge #4 Birthday at Craftalicious
Challenge #7 Anything Goes at Miami Doodles
Vibrant Colors at Whoopsi Daisy
2 Patterned Papers at Whimsical Ink Sorority
Challenge #68 Ice Cream Colors at Stamptacular Sunday
Challenge #22 Digi Madness at One Stitch At A Time (OSAAT)
Challenge #61 Summer Days at All Sorts
Challenge #4 Photo Inspiration at Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stash Older Than A Year at Practical Scrappers
Challenge #38 Oldest Thing In your Stash at Creative Inspirations
Challenge #53 Happy Birthday at Pollycraft
Week #1 Say It With Flowers at Wild Orchid Crafts
Cutie Patootie at Papertake Weekly
Challenge #68 Happy Birthday at Digital Tuesday
Challenge #100 Check It Out at My Time To Craft
In The Garden at Kah Wink E Dink
Challenge #12 Sketch at Fresh Brewed Designs
Challenge #12 3D at Creatalicious
Challenge #17 Easel Card at Meljen's Designs
Challenge #21 Easel Card at Your Next Stamp
Z Is For Zig Zag at abc-challenge
Challenge #28 Double Up at The Pixie Cottage
Challenge #77 Happy or Sweet at Crafty Creations
Challenge #19 Touchy Feely at The Creative Cottage
Challenge #102 Anything Goes at Stamp With Sarah Kay
Challenge #17 Anything Goes at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Challenge #1 Anything Goes at The Stamp Man
Week #41 Shabby Chic at Crafty Angels
Spotlight Challenge: Easel Cards at Crafty Cardmakers
Challenge #3 Stitching at Stamp and Create
Girlie Girl at Scrappy Frogs

49 comments:

  1. O what a yummy looking cupcake!! and loving the gingham paper you have used!! Your delicious colours are so perfect! great job on our challenge over at SSC and thanks for joining in!
    hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the way you have done your ribbon, it looks great. Fab card hun
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week! Good Luck
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gingham, and that ribbon just makes it all look so feminine and pretty! Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sammi
    oh a scrummy card,pretty papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have folded the ribbon. Looks great.
    Thankyou for joining us at OSAAT for digi madness this week.

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a rolel with the pink cards and I really love them. Thanks for sharing at WhoopsiDaisy.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sammi, another brilliant card with great colours and that ribbon technique really sets it all off.
    Thankyou again for joining our Digi Madness challenge at OSAAT this week.
    Luv Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Look sooo yummy. Good job. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the DT call. I love how you used the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet confection of a card!! Lovely!! Thanks so much for playing the Crafty Creations challenge with us!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. Thanks for entering the creative inspirations challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card Sammi. Thank you so much for entering in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my fav colurs and one yummy cake too what could be better than that bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm delicious! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card, it's very pretty, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waht a yummy card! I love the ribbon folding technique you used. Thanks for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon photo inspiration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is JUST SO SWEET!!! Perfect to go with my morning cup of joe! ;) I love all the pink and sparkle and that gorgeous flower. Great take on the sketch too!

    Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both of your cards so much...pink is my favorite color right now..... thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.....

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet, sweet sweet! Thank you for participating in The Pixie Cottage Challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sammi what a sweet easel card! I love how you colored the cupcake and that ribbon technique is AWESOME...I love it! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable Images and the coloring is very nice...GREAT CARD!!GOOD LUCK WITH ALL CHALLENGES wooow so much dear....Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! Love the ribbon!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at KWED. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    KWED DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just so pretty. So glad you came to play at KWED! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely adorable! Love the flowers and the bows...nice finishing touches! So glad you could join us for our color challenge of your favorite ice cream sundae at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie cottage.
    ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy card!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Easel Card challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your card is absolutely delicious!!! Yummy colours :)Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge!
    Hugs, Merkkari

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your card in that pretty pink and I think the new things turned out super!!
    Thanks for sharing at The Pixie Cottage.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  30. ooohh...such a sweet card! I love all the pink..and that big pink flower is lush! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just adorable!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at RRR!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute, I just love all the PINK! :) Makes me smile :)
    Thanks for joining us at MelJens this week!
    Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely easel card. Yummy image too and love the dp used.

    Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super sweet card,
    Thank You for playing along with our Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this month,
    Hugs
    Angie
    Whoopsi Daisy DT

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute love the colors!!! I am so happy that you have joined us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week and Good Luck!

    KymKreates
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a yummy card, love the flower too. Thanks for joining our first Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super cute easel card! I love it!!! Thanks for playing at Meljen's this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Meljen's Designs! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful card, it's so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very beautiful card!!
    Thank you for joining us at KWED for this garden challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.
    Linda -DT KWED

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning card.

    Thank you for joining us at PTW.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Sammi
    oh scrummy card, beautiful papers & flower,thank you for joining us at Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very pretty card Sammi, I had to smile at your obvious enjoyment whilst making it:) Well done for trying new things! Thank you for taking part in The Stamp Man challenge.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous easel card! That flower is to die for and I am loving that pink ribbon. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fantastic cards you have created...such brilliant colour and design on them both! Thanks for playing along with us at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous image mm love thepinks too great take on zig zags hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Darling card! Love it!
    DDSB Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for joining us at MTTC with such a lovely card good enough to eat yum yum
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful,love the image and gorgeous flower!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete