I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, November 26, 2010

OMG!!! Kenny K Is Having A DT Call!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows that Kenny K is one of my most favorite Digi companies! His images are so "me" in style! When I found out Kenny K is having a DT call, my first thought was, "OMG, I have to apply!" But then I got to thinking about how many people would be applying and figured I wouldn't really have a chance. So I thought about it and tossed the idea around in my head...

Around, and around, and around...

I tossed the idea around so much, that I felt like I was tossing a salad!

You know what they say though, we're our own worst critics! And mama always said, "You will never know, if you don't try." And mama was right. I have to try, or I'll always wonder, "What if I had..."

So, here I am Kenny K!


My first example is one of my new favorites. This is my first attempt at doing an altered clock. My friend, Dan, loves Mystical, Magical and Fantasy themed items, so I wanted to give him something different, this year for Christmas. The image is from Rick St Dennis. I apologize that the image in the photo isn't super clear to show off the coloring, but It took me several attempts to get a decent picture of it. All the sparkle on the image, plus the glare on the glass made it difficult to get a perfect photo of the clock.






This next one is one of the most favorite cards I have ever made. My first attempt at a side step card! This one was so much fun to make, and plus I love Halloween! I even incorporated acetate into this card, to be different. I made another of these that I love, also, but I don't want to bore anyone with posting two types of the same card. The images on the card are from Stamping Dragon Designs.





And, since this post is for the Kenny K DT call, and Christmas is fast approaching, it's only fitting that I show you my Christmas cards for this year. Sometimes I think simple is the way to go. Some images and papers go so great together, that you just don't need or want to add a lot of "extras." I love Kenny K's new Santa image and found this awesome glittered cardstock that I knew would look great with Santa. The layout, I felt, was perfect for Santa and the papers, so all I really needed was a little extra "bling" from the silver Christmas tree trim.





Now, the waiting begins. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to be one of Kenny K's Krafty Girlz!

Thank you, Kenny K, for the opportunity to apply!

4 comments:

  1. Fab creations Sammi and good luck hun, will keep my fingers crossed for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sammi, love your clock, never thought about that one!!! Good luck with the DT call @ Kenny K. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards and that clock is gorgeous, Sammibug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammi,

    Your clock turned out fabulous. They are silly not to take you on their DT. Great projects.

    ReplyDelete