I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 27, 2010

With The Right Boots.....




With the right boots you can do anything! At least that's how this card makes me feel! Wow, get a load of these funky boots! If I had these wild funky boots on, I'd definitely be wild and crazy and feel like I could do anything!

"Boots" is this week's featured image, at Shelly's Images. I'm sure you can tell that I had a lot of fun with creating my project with this image! So fun and versatile! Think of all the fun ideas for this image! And, these boots are for sale for a special price, today only, in the Shelly's Images store. Dance on over there and get these boots for yourself at the special sale price!


For my fun "funky meets girly" card today, I am using the boots image, from Shelly's Images. I had this image all colored for my project and then it hit me... These images just scream out, PAPER PIECE ME!" Okay, well maybe it wasn't the boots that were screaming out at me... Maybe it was just the little voices inside my head! But anyway, I grabbed my boot and headed out to Hobby Lobby to find the perfect paper! Oooooo and I just loved this pink animal print paper when I seen it! How funky! Now boots like THAT would make me feel like I could do anything! (Or maybe it'd just mean I was crazy enough to wear boots like that! LOL) I bought the pink, black, gray & white striped paper and the pink animal print paper and rushed home to create! The black and white zebra striped paper is from my stash but turned out to be the perfect accent paper!

I paper pieced the boots with the pink animal print paper and added accents to the outline, the heels and the zipper area, with black and grey Promarkers. The embellishments (ribbon and flowers) are from my stash. The glittery flowers are Dazzlers by Petaloo and add some yummy sparkle. My card fits the sketch at Sparkle Dreams, with some extra elements added.

I made this card for my online friend, Lynn, who's just found out she has made it as a contestant in a talent competition! Put your fun, funky boots on, and you can do anything! Whoo Hoo!! You go, girlie!


I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Challenge #18 Anything Goes at Aud Sentiments
Challenge #39 Anything Goes at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Challenge #46 Anything Goes at I Love Promarkers
Bling Times Two Or More (Metallic ribbon, Clearstar gelly roll sparkle & glitter flowers) at Some Odd Girl
Anything Goes at Sugar Sweet Paper Treats
Challenge #2 at Sparkle Dreams
Challenge #53 Quick and Easy Does It at Fab 'n' Funky
Challenge #80 Anything Goes at Passion For Promarkers
AIF061 Anything Goes at AI Factory
Challenge #49 Bling It On At Alota Rubber Stamps
Challenge #30 Anything Goes at Crafty Ann's
Challenge #83 Anything Goes at All Sorts
Challenge #61 Someone Special at Totally Gorjuss
Challenge #10 Punch It Out at Craft Your Days Away
Challenge #17 Anything Goes at Crafty Emma's
Challenge #43 Anything Goes at One Stitch At A Time
ASC31 Anything Goes at Aly's Sunday Challenge
Challenge #15 Get Embellishing at Tip Top Tuesday
Anything Goes at Creative Craft Challenges
Anything Goes at Fairy Knoll
Challenge #49 Bling It On At Alota Rubber Stamps
Challenge #9 Anything Goes at Digistamps4Joy
Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp
Anything Goes at For Fun Challenges
SHC$ Sparkle & Bling at Studio 313 Hotspot
Black, White & 1 Other Color (Pink) at Inky Impressions
Anything Goes at Moving Along With The Times
Challenge #37 Anything Goes at Sew Many Cards
No! No! (No punches) at Stamping Vacation
Challenge #13 Pink, White & Silver (on ribbon) at Wild Orchid
Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle, at The Character Cafe
Challenge #96 Bling It On at Corrosive
Photo Inspiration at Crafty Ho's
Challenge #79 Girlie at Die Cut Dreams
Challenge #7 Sparkle & Shine at Bunny Zoe's Crafts

43 comments:

  1. wow I would love some boots like this, where do I buy them as they would certainly melt the snow away :)
    Hugs and New Year Wishes
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, lovethe colour combo!! & those boots just fab!
    Thank you for joining us at OSAAT, MAWTT & CES Challenge, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ah this is super, Thanks for playing along on MAWTT and OSAAT this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun girly card! Love the paper piecing and the blingy ribbon! To cute! Thanks for joining us at the Hotspot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really stylish card! Awesome papers and fabulous embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge.

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges. Good luck on the challenge. Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fab and funky!! Thanks for joining us at PFP for our mega challenge, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one fabulous card Sammi those boots look spectacular gorgeous design and colours thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sammi, love the ribbon and rhinestones. Thank you for joining us in our Inky Impressions Christmas Challenge, hope you have had a Merry Christmas and wishing a wonderful 2011, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - I just love the palette and details! I use these colours a lot, and you can't go past shoes! Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun this week!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card Sammi!! I just love those boots :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at Inky Impressions!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to paper piece this image to make the boots look funky. I love the paper and design with the bling at the bottom. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at fOr fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card!!Thanks for playing with us this week at SMC!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card. I love the colours and the boots are fab! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft this fortnight.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous!! I want those boots!! Just love it, love the colours you have used. A fun card to make. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas break. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Sammi! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is Beautiful Sammi!! Thanks for joining in at Inky Impressions :D
    sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh la la!! What fun boots!! LOVE the colors and details on this!! Thanks for playing along at the Inky Impressions challenges!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card, love those boots! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just love those boots!Great sentiment too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a very elegant card for someone special. Thanks for joining us at TG.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. fabulous boots ! thanks for joining in our challenge at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic boots. If I tried to wear something like that two things would happen. My family would lock me up and say I'ved really gone crazy, and two, I'd fall flat on my face. Great card, though. Thanks again for joining us again at TCC. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sammi, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
    Have a wonderful 2011 x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card Sammi, love those boots, thanks for joining us at inky impressions Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Smashing Card.

    Thanks for joining us this time at CYDA. Good luck and Happy New Year.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are some hot boots, and cute flowers! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great job finding the perfect papers for you wild boots! :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card, love the boots and awesome papers, thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, Have a Happy New Year
    Deborah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are some wild boots! What a fun card! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Fairy Knoll!
    Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your paper pieced boots are fabulous! Thank you for joining us at STUDIO 313 with your sparkly flowers and bling ribbon...works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card, Sammi. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. super girly card.i love the fantastic image and great colours.
    thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks so much for bringing out the bling with Some Odd Girl! Happy Holidays! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card - love the hot colours

    thanks for joining in the fun at aud sentiments!


    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your card is very pretty. Thanks for joining our last challenge of this year at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  40. A great and unusual card! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOL what a fun card! Love those boots...
    Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge and Happy New Year!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great boots! Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Such a super fun card! Thanks for sharing at Stamping Vacation!

    ReplyDelete