I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Bugaboo Birthday Bash



Good Morning Bloggers and Crafters! Today is the start of Bugaboo's Birthday bash at Catch The Bug! Arent you excited?! I know you are - and so am I - But, guess what, there's even more fun to add to it - Because this year, Birthday bash has a theme! Whoo Hoo! Our theme for this year's Birthday Bash is "Under the Sea!" Such an awesome theme! There are prizes to be won, too - LOTS of prizes, if you play along in our daily challenges! Every day this week, there is a different birthday challenge.  Be sure you come and play along with us, for your chances to win!

Today is the first day of our Under The Sea Birthday Bash and we are starting it off with an easy one - Any birthday card, with an Under The Sea theme.

My card, for the Under The Sea Birthday Bash kickoff, is a fun one.  I used a retired mermaid image from Bugaboo Stamps, colored with Promarkers.  For my card layout, I used the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I decided to dig through my stash and found the perfect fishy paper for the Under The Sea theme, don't you think?! I paired the paper from my stash with this new polka dot paper, to create a fun pattern combination. The little pennants were hand cut (I'm getting better at that, I think! LOL!) The sentiment is computer generated. Someone very near and dear to me is battling Colon cancer with metastasis. The awareness ribbon for Colon Cancer is Navy, so I've used lots of Navy in this card, for my friend's birthday, to remind my friend that there is so much left to fight for.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Challenge #385 sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Challenge #221 Anything Goes at Glitter N Sparkle Challenge
Challenge #124 Colorfully Aware (Navy-Colon Cancer) at Pile It On *
Challenge #170 Anything Goes at Artistic Inspirations *
Challenge #142 Anything Goes at Crafting From The Heart Challenge
Challenge #54 Anything Goes at Get Creative Challenges *
Celebrate at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge
Challenge #107 Anything Goes at Scrapbook Stamp Society
Anything Goes - January at Crafting By Designs*
Anything Goes at Crafty Sentiments
Anything Goes at Digi Choosday Challenge
Challenge #77 Anything Goes at Inky Chicks *
Challenge #32 Anything Goes at lemon Shortbread Challenge*
Inspired By A Movie (Splash) at Crafting By Designs
Challenge #105 Use Patterned Paper at Crafty Gals Corner
Challenge #109 Anything Goes at Creative Moments*
Challenge #326 Use Something New at I Love Promarlers *
Challenge #119 Anything Goes at Inspiration Destination
Challenge #311 Anything Goes at Penny's Papercrafty *
Challenge #171 Anything Goes at Aud Sentiments *
Challenge #75 Anything Goes at Art By Miran Challenge *
Anything Goes at Creative Corner Challenges *
HIMCR #284 Super Scraps Saturday at Hiding In My Craft Room *
Challenge #337 Something New (one paper) at My Time To Craft *

18 comments:

  1. Sammi it's sweet and wonderful
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSpciety Challenge.Good luck and Hope to see again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect under the sea themed card. She's adorable and the papers you found in your stash work really well together. Thanks so much for joining our weekly challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Project! Thanks for join us at Creative moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Sammi! i love the fishy paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Thanks for join us at Creative moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty coloring. It matches your pretty fish paper. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Celebrate Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun card! I love that fishy paper. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I'll pray for your friend Sammie and she is going to LOVE your card!!! Thanks so much for creating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card and of course lover the Bugaboo image. Great coloring and fun papers. So glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, loving the sketch you have followed.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's.
    Jean DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. The Bugaboo image is adorable. You've used this week's sketch wonderfully with your combination of papers. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project and lovely design! Thank you so much for joining us at Penny's Challenges!
    Hugs, Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute project! I love the papers!
    Thank you for joining us at both Crafty Sentiments and Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! – thanks for joining in with the Lemon Shortbread Challenge – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great project and your new paper matches the theme very well. Thank you for joining in our Something New challenges,

    Hugz Tinz DT - Aud Sentiments, Creative Moments and I Love Promarkers

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, I love the papers and the mermaid is adorable! (Gotta love Bugaboo!!) Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the coordinating DP and image! Cheers from Janelle (DT Get Creative Challenges) P.S. Sorry I'm posting this so late - my most sincere apologies.

    ReplyDelete