I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 17, 2011

First Birthday Celebration!




Wow! Today is a special day, over at Shelly's Images! Not only is it Marvelous Monday, but this is a very special Marvelous Monday!

Today is the First Birthday of Shelly's Images! It is so hard to beleive that Shelly's Images is one year old, today! I remember months ago, when I first started playing in the challenges at Shelly's Images and won my first image from Shelly's Images! Such fond memories! And now, here I am, a proud member of Shelly's Images' DT!

Anyway, let me stop babbling and get on with the business at hand. I wanted to invite you all to hop on over to Images, today, to celebrate our First Birthday! We have some fun events planned throughout the day, so you you'll want to hop over more than once, today, to check out what is going on. There may be a freebie, involved, so you don't want to miss out! While you are there, check out all the fabulous birthday projects the DT have created using today's featured image, "First Birthday!" This yummy image is available, today only, at a discounted price in Shelly's Store! Make sure you get yourself a piece of this yummy cake while you're celebrating with us, today!

Okay, now that I have all the announcements out of the way, let me show you what I created for Shelly's Images' first Birthday! I actually created two projects, but I am going to post them in separate posts. The other comes with a fun tutorial, so you will see that one, tomorrow. (Are you excited, yet?!)

Here is today's First Birthday project:



How's that for a fun and unique project?! LOL! When I first seen this fabulous 1st Birthday image that Shelly created for the birthday celebration, I thought of this idea, instantly! A couple of years ago, my aunt and cousin had taken me out for my birthday, to dinner, and they gave me this crown and made me wear it all through dinner! Anyway, I have kept this crown, ever since! I just knew one day I would find the perfect Birthday girl to pass my crown on to! Oh, and guess what?! I found the perfect lucky girl to pass my crown on it---You guessed it! Shelly! Of course, I had to add something to make the crown special for Shelly, since its Shelly's Images' first birthday!

I used today's Featured Image, 1st Birthday, and colored it with Promarkers, then punched it out using a circle punch by EK Success. We had to have some more pink to make this extra girly, so I matted the image with a pink Scalloped circle, punched with a scalloped circle punch. Then I attached the image to the crown, using heavy duty glue dots! The image has added glitter and sparkle on the icing and candle, using these yummy new crystal Stickles. (Gotta have that extra sparkle). Oh, and you have to love this wonderful pink furry trim!

For tomorrow's project, I made Shelly a fun accessory to go along with her birthday crown! Be sure to check back, tomorrow, so you can see what it is, and see how I made it!

I think I should put this awesome girly birthday crown (and tomorrow's matching accessory), in a box and send it to Shelly?! Shelly is a teacher, so I think she needs to wear this Birthday crown and the matching accessories to school one day, all day, in celebration of Shelly's Images' first Birthday!

What do you all think?! How many of you think I need to send this cute crown to Shelly, and she should have to wear it all day to school? (Oh, and she'd need to take a pic of herself wearing this, and the accessory, so we can all see she has officially worn the crown!)

If I get at least 20 people to post a comment and say they think I should mail it to her and she should wear it, I will box it up and send it off! I know you'll all agree with me and not let me down, by posting your comment! I think Shelly better be prepared to show the world her new crown!


Maybe she will even pass it on to a birthday girl of her choice, and we can keep the tradition of the crown going!

Oh, and I am entering this cute girly birthday crown in the following challenges:


Challenge #52 Sketch or Coloring at The Pixie Cottage
Challenge #17 Anything Goes at Tip Top Tuesday
Challenge #1 Anything Goes at Digi's By Phooka
Bling It On at By The Cute And Girly
Altered Arts at Sugar Sweet Paper Treats
Challenge #48 Punches at I Love Promarkers
Challenge #42 Pink & Green at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Challenge #81 Dreams Come True at Moving Along With The Times
Challenge #2 Cutie Patootie at PaperPlay
Challenge #64 Anything Goes at AI Factory
SISC42: Let It All Hang Out at Stamp Insanity
Challenge #32 Ring In The New (stickles)But Don't Ring Out The Old (Crown, Fur)at Crafty Ann's
Use Your New Goodies (Stickles) at The Crafty Purple Frog
Anything Goes at Stamp Something
Challenge #49 Happy Birthday at Totally Papercrafts
Challenge #62 Get Inspired (colors) at If The Shoe Fits
Challenge #44 Happy Birthday at Prairie Fairy
Happy Birthday at Catch The Bug
Challenge #10 Anything Goes at Pattie's Creations
Challenge #12 Girls Just Want To Have Fun at Card Makin Mamas
Anything Goes at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle
Challenge #11 Anything Goes at Craft Your Days Away
GL9 Celebrations (Birthday)at Gingerloft
Challenge #3 Photo Inspiration (Colors) at Jay Gee's Nook
Challenge #45 New (Stickles) at One Stitch At A Time
Challenge #38 Brrr I'm Turning Blue at I Did It Creations
Challenge #94 Photo Inspiration at Cupcake Inspirations
Challenge #3 Anything Goes at Pile It On!
Pretty In Pink at Whoopsi Daisy
Anything Goes at MyGrafico

46 comments:

  1. Sweet - love it.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sammibug, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Thanks for joining us this month at SSPT!!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project, I am sure Shelly with love it. Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love it!

    As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so unusual. A great idea. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining our pink/green challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great project and very unusual but it really works
    Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sammi - Did you really send this to Shelly? What a fun project.
    Well Done!
    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!
    thanks for playing at The Pixie Cottage
    Hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sammie
    fabulous creation,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Sammy, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers and Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet and so cute. Thanks for playing along on BTC&G. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Makes me hungry for cake no, lol! Thanks for playin with usover at "The Shoe"!

    -Tanisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card! Love the image too, Thanks for joining us again this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sammi

    this is fabulous and a great idea, thanks forjoining us at TPC

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card, Thank you for joining us this week at The Pixie Cottage.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super crown and I'd LOVE to see a picture of Shelly with it on her head

    :-)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  19. sweet cake! thank you for sharing at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What girl doesn't love boas, and CAKE! Thanks for playing with card makin mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely crown! Very original. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous crown!
    Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute and thanks for playing at SSPT

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH!!! So fun!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty, thank you for joining us at at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous fun project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute project. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
    Hugs Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A sweet card - love the glittery crown! Thank you for joining in the fun this week at OSAAT. Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great crown Sammi, love the idea that it is being used again.
    Thankyou for sharing this at MAWTT this week.
    I hope you are having a good week and that all your dreams come true.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous crown just love it!!

    Thanks for joining us over at the CPFC Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute card. I especially love the touches of silver. LindaS - Pattie's Creations DT.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my gosh!!!! What a wonderful project! Great idea! Love all the feathers around the crown. Thanks for playing along with us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  33. great card! Thanks for playing at AiFactory with our Anything Goes theme this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a sweet girly card! I love the bling around the edges. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very fun project and what a great idea too! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog and for celebrating our Bugaboo Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh wow! great project! love the pink fur! Thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just Lovely!
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge this time over at OSAAT.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful card!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges xx
    Huggs
    Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey there Sammi! What a fun project! Of course, I've already told you that I LOVE it, but it really is an amazing idea!

    Thanks so much for joining us at PIO,CTB, and AIF this week! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a fun way to add a personal touch to the crown! Such a great little gift for a special birthday girl!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Girly Challenge! Good Luck!
    Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow I love your crown!! Its fab :-)
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Ann's this time and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great crown, there's nothing quite like a little 'Birthday embarrassment'! (lol) Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Almost good enough to eat! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's and hope you will take part again soon.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. just to cute, thanks for playing with MyGrafico this week.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome creation!

    Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy!

    Hugs, Sande

    ReplyDelete
  46. Spectacular crown! Thanks for entering it at By The Cute And Girly, hope to see you again next month.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete